|Nintendo Wii - Monster Hunter 3|
Monster Hunter 3 sees the introduction of an expansive story mode with players taking on the role of a hunter, who is tasked by the Village Chief to investigate the constant earthquakes that threaten the everyday life of Moga village. A bustling and vibrant town, Moga is home to the hunter and includes a Blacksmith for forging weapons and armour, a shop where items can be purchased and an expanded farm with Felynes acting as labourers and tending the crops. The incentive to complete quests is now no longer limited to the collection of items and money with which the hunter can create or upgrade armour and weapons. Successful hunts have a real and visible impact on the status of Moga Village as on returning home quest items are used to repair damage caused by the earthquakes resulting in happier and more active villagers.
- Hunt Together - In the hunt, you’re never alone. Hunt together with up to 4 players online or take on arena quests with 2-player split-screen action. In single player mode, you even have the ability to hunt with AI-controlled characters named ChaCha.
- Communicate Online - Because communication is key in coordinated hunts Monster Hunter Tri supports Wii Speak and text chat.
- Monsters with Unique Abilities and Attacks - Monsters have unique and dynamic personalities, abilities and defenses, increasing in complexity as the player progresses. They camouflage themselves to ambush hunters, but will flee or call for help if outmatched.
- Immense Living, Breathing World with Ecosystem - Monsters interact amongst each other in a living breathing ecosystem, complete with food chain. Monsters have stamina, migrate and even attack one another, the strong feeding on the weak.
- New Underwater Maps - For the first time ever in any Monster Hunter game, you will be able explore land and sea and hunt monsters of the deep.
- Fully Customizable Equipment - With ten weapon categories – including the all-new Switch Axe – and new armor and weaponry created from the remains of slain monsters, there are almost limitless opportunities for equipment customization.
- Choice of Controls - Play with either the Wii Remote and Nunchuk, with the Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro.
- Take Your Character with You - The ability to save your character to your Wii Remote lets you engage in multiplayer hunts anytime on a friend's console.