|Nintendo Wii - History Channel: Battle for the Pacific
Witness the epic battles of World War II in The History Channel: Battle for the Pacific. This realistic depiction of an unforgettable chapter in United States military history takes you to brutal and unforgiving battlefields. View the front lines through the eyes of an American GI or a Japanese soldier. Survive through intense combat and authentic missions that take you to authentically rendered locations such as Guadalcanal, the Philippines, Iwo Jima and Mount Suribachi. Launch massive assaults, recapture fallen territory and do whatever you must to defeat the enemy.
Each level begins with a documentary video featuring actual battle footage, as well as facts and statistics, that demonstrate how the battle led to the allied victory. Storm beaches, traverse caves and scale mountains as artillery explodes, bullets whistle and enemies attack all around you. Defend yourself and your brethren with an arsenal of genuine allied and axis weapons, such as sub-machine guns, sniper rifles, anti-aircraft guns, pistols and grenades. Gain a better appreciation for the brave soldiers of World War II with this cinematic, reality-based saga.
- Depicts the intense battles of World War II in areas such as Guadalcanal, the Philippines, Iwo Jima and Mount Suribachi
- Intense and authentic combat situations feature exploding artillery, whistling bullets and persistent enemies for a cinematic experience
- Realistic missions are based on actual battles: storm beaches, recapture a strategic airfield and plant the American flag at Mount Suribachi
- Use submachine guns, sniper rifles, anti-aircraft guns, pistols and grenades from your arsenal of genuine allied and axis weaponry
- View documentaries filled with authentic footage, facts and statistics that explain each battle's importance