Guitar Hero: Smash Hits
Turn down the lights, crank up the amps and prepare to command center stage as some of the most famous AND infamous tracks from Guitar Hero®, Guitar Hero® II, Guitar Hero® Encore: Rocks the 80s and Guitar Hero® III: Legends of Rock step into the spotlight in the most epic, full band jam session to-date - Guitar Hero Smash Hits. The #1 best-selling video game franchise of 2008 presents the best of the best to music video game aficionados so they can join together with controllers for guitar, bass, drums and vocals and rock to master tracks of their favorite Guitar Hero music.
Featuring 48 master recordings, Guitar Hero Smash Hits delivers exciting online and offline gameplay modes including Band Career and 8-player "Battle of the Bands," which allows two full bands to compete head-to-head online. Players' rock n' roll fantasies turn to realities as they create their rocker, compose their music and share it with the world through the innovative Music Studio, GHTunesSM and robust Rock Star Creator gameplay modes first introduced in Guitar Hero® World Tour.
Guitar Hero's Fan-Favorite Tracks
Play alone or as a full band and rock out to 48 of some of the hottest fan-favorite tracks from Guitar Hero's original guitar-centric games: Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s and Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock.
I'm With the Band
Video game fanatics can expand to full band and for the first time ever strum, drum and belt out some of their favorite Guitar Hero songs as master tracks on all gaming systems as they jam along to updated note tracks and all-new gameplay for the drum kit controller and microphone.
A Setlist Featuring the Greatest Hits of Guitar Hero
Features the most memorable songs from Guitar Hero games together in one epic setlist, comprised of all master recordings including, Queen's "Killer Queen," "Them Bones" by Alice in Chains, "Nothin' But A Good Time" by Poison, Rage Against The Machine's "Killing in the Name," "I Wanna Rock" by Twisted Sister, Joan Jett and The Blackhearts' "I Love Rock N Roll," Heart's "Barracuda" and Guitar Hero III favorite DragonForce's "Through the Fire and Flames."
Discover the Spirit of Rock, All Around the World
Rock through fantastic locations with Guitar Hero favorites and play at eight new venues based on wonders of the world, including the Amazon, Polar Ice Caps and the Grand Canyon.
Create, Customize and Share
Guitar Hero Smash Hits features the Music Studio, GHTunes and the Rock Star Creator first made famous in Guitar Hero World Tour. Create your own hits in Music Studio, share them online with GHTunes and watch your created superstar shred and drum to your soon-to-be breakout hit. With difficulty levels ranging from "Beginner" mode, introduced in Guitar Hero World Tour to the difficult-to-master "Expert+" mode first seen in Guitar Hero® Metallica®, Guitar Hero Smash Hits is accessible for all players.
- Rock your way through a tracklist composed of 48 songs from Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s and Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
- Show that your talents go beyond guitar mastery with all-new gameplay for the drum kit controller and microphone (peripherals not included)
- Jam to fan-favorite tracks like Alice in Chains' Them Bones, Poison's Nothin' But a Good Time, Rage Against the Machine's Killing in the Name, Twisted Sister's I Wanna Rock and Heart's Barracuda
- Create your own signature rocker with the Rock Star Creator, then build your own hits in the Music Studio and share them online with GHTunes
- Take your talents on tour around the globe to favorite locations from previous Guitar Hero games as well as eight new venues, including the Amazon, the polar ice caps and the Grand Canyon
- Find a challenge that suits your skill set with difficulty levels ranging from Beginner to Expert+
- Gather up to three friends for band-style gameplay, then go online to face off against another band in the eight-player Battle of the Bands mode